Introducing the Parents As Teachers Parent Club!
Are you looking for fun an inexpensive things to do with your kids? Do you want to get out of the house for fun without your kids sometimes, too? Would you like support from other parents and professionals in your community? Do you work full time? Part time? Stay at home? This club is for you! Print out a Registration Form and join us now!
Begin at the Beginning!
As a parent, you are your child’s first and most important teacher. Your child will learn more during the early years than any other time in life. How your child grows and learns during these years—beginning at birth—will affect his or her later development and success in school.
Free Services and Materials
Parents as Teachers is a volunteer and free program that provides practical, effective help for all Missouri families with children birth to age three. It offers:
- Personal Visits – Certified Parent Educators trained in child development and home visiting come to your home. The educators help you understand each stage of your child’s development and offer practical tips on ways to encourage learning.
- Group Meetings – Here you find out that you’re not alone. PAT programs schedule times for parents to get together, to gain insights and share experiences, common concerns and successes.
- Screenings – PAT offers periodic screening of overall development, language, hearing and vision. The goal is to provide a clear understanding of your child’s growth and development.
- Referral Network – PAT helps families link with special services, if needed, that are beyond the scope of this program.
The Home-School Partnership that Works
Research has shown that children whose parents were involved in PAT:
- Were significantly advanced over their peers in language, social development, problem solving and intellectual abilities.
- Scored significantly higher on standardized measures of reading and math achievement than did comparison children.
Give your child the best possible start in life! Join the more than 100,000 Missouri families who are benefiting from Parents As Teachers.
Robert Townsley, Director
Parents As Teachers
849 Jeffco Blvd.
Arnold, MO 63010
Phone: (636) 282-1476