In the event of inclement weather or other situation that requires school to be canceled for the day or school to be dismissed early, an announcement will be made as soon as the decision is made by District Administration. Below are some important details to be aware of:
1. Our students' safety is always the top priority when making the decision.
2. Every attempt will be made to call school at the earliest possible time.
3. Check the district web site for any cancellations or early dismissals. You can also check the District Twitter account @FoxC6Schools or Facebook for up-to-date information.
An alert will be posted prominently on the District Home page. Make sure to "refresh" your browser periodically in case new information has been released. Information will also be sent over email and text message through the free School Reach notification system.
4. School closings and dismissals will also be available on local television stations, both on air and on their respective web sites.
5. We will always give at least one hour notification before school is dismissed early.
6. Please make sure that you have a plan in place in the event school is dismissed early. This should be on file in the school office.
7. The normal procedure for early dismissal is that the high schools are dismissed first. Student drivers are the first to leave, followed by the high school and middle school buses. The early starting elementary schools and the other two middle schools (Rockport, Simpson, Sherwood, Seckman, Antonia Middle School, and Ridgewood Middle School) are then dismissed. The late starting elementary schools (Lone Dell, Fox, Antonia, Hodge, Hamrick, Guffey, and Meramec) will be the final dismissals. Please be cognizant that the travel time home will vary due to road conditions.
8. In the event of inclement weather, please have your child consider riding the bus. They can leave their cars at school, if they feel more comfortable.
9. In the event of inclement weather, Character Kids Club will not be offering a snow day program. If school is canceled due to bad weather our CKC program will be closed. In the best interest of our staff members, the children, and family members, this decision is to keep all safe. In addition, should the district choose to dismiss early due to inclement weather, our CKC program will not operate the afternoon session. We ask that you have an optional plan in place to ensure you are not caught off guard.
KTVI-FOX (Fox 2)
KMOV-CBS (News Channel 4)
KSDK-NBC (News Channel 5)
KDNL-ABC (ABC 30)