03.17.2015 Board Meeting Highlights
ARNOLD • A complete audio recording of the March 17th Board Meeting can be found on the district YouTube channel. Please click here to listen to last night’s meeting and be sure to click “subscribe” to stay up to date with information on the district. A full calendar of meetings can be found on the district website.
To follow along with this and future Board Meetings, agendas and board packets can be found in the “Board of Education” section of the district website at www.fox.k12.mo.us.
After public comments, which saw several teachers as well as community members offering opinions, incoming superintendent Dr. Wipke provided an update on his transition process. In his presentation, Dr. Wipke thanked the teachers and students he has been able to meet over the past several months and reaffirmed his excitement about joining the Fox C-6 District. Dr. Wipke stressed the idea of working together despite differences, quoting a Margaret Wheatley passage: “It is not differences that divide us. It’s our judgments about each other that do.” He went on to emphasize the importance of putting the focus on education and students.
The Board voted and accepted a number of items, including:
• Admin and Director pay schedules
• Summer School pay schedules
• The Meet and Confer Memo of Understanding
The Meet and Confer Memo of Understanding passed with a 4-2 vote. Detailed information about these and other business items can be found in the March 17th Board Packet.
Board President John Laughlin then went on to announce the Board had filled vacancies for several administrator and supervisor positions within the district:
• The position of Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources will be filled by Dr. Kelly Bracht. Dr. Bracht has the Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification, which demonstrates her mastery of the technical and operational aspects of HR practices and U.S. laws and regulations. Dr. Bracht has been an educator since 2001, working for the Hazelwood and Ferguson-Florissant school districts where she was most recently the Evaluation Coordinator.
• The position of principal at Seckman Elementary will be filled by Mr. Dan Baker. Mr. Baker has 21 years of experience with the district, has elementary education, special education, elementary principal, special education administration, and superintendent certifications. He has previously served as principal of Hodge Elementary and has been the interim principal of Seckman Elementary since January.
• The position of Fox High School principal will be filled by Mr. Ryan Sherp. Mr. Sherp is currently the assistant principal of Lindbergh High School, a position he’s held for 8 years. Previously, he was the Area Coordinator at Lindbergh High School for Special School District. Mr. Sherp has been an educator since 2001.
• The position of Seckman High School principal will be filled by Mr. Todd Scott. Mr. Scott has worked at both high schools in the Fox District as a teacher and assistant principal. He also served as principal of Ridgewood Junior High. Mr. Scott began as an educator at Fox High School in 1994 and has been working for the district ever since.
• The Director of Food Service position will be filled by Ms. Gail Jones. Ms. Jones has a B.S. in Nutrition and Dietetics from SEMO and a Master’s in Management from Fontbonne University. She is nationally certified as a School Nutrition Specialist (SNS) from the School Nutrition Association (SNA). Previously, she was the Registered Dietician Supervisor for the Rockwood School District and has been the Director of Food Service with the Dunklin R-5 School District for the past 5 years.
Finally, Mr. Tim Crutchley, acting superintendent, announced his decision to retire during the superintendents’ reports. Mr. Crutchley emphasized his support of the Board of Education and Dr. Wipke. “I’m happy because I’m moving on to the next phase of my life,” Crutchley said, “but I’m sad, too, that I won’t be a part of the great things that are happening here.”
Full meeting minutes will be approved and made available after the next Board Meeting.
For information on this and future meetings, visit http://www.fox.k12.mo.us/board_of_education
For the latest news, updates, and information, be sure to like the district on Facebook and follow us on Twitter @FoxC6Schools.