02.24.2015 Board Meeting Highlights
ARNOLD • February’s Board Meeting took place on February 24th at the Fox C-6 Service Center. A complete audio recording of that meeting can be found on the district YouTube channel. Please click here to listen to last night’s meeting and be sure to click “subscribe” to stay up to date with information on the district. A full calendar of meetings can be found on the district website.
To follow along with this and future Board Meetings, agendas and board packets can be found in the “Board of Education” section of the district website at www.fox.k12.mo.us.
February’s meeting contained several informative reports about the current state of the district. Some notable pieces of information include:
- District Dropout Rate: The rate was recorded at .84, the lowest the district has seen in 3 years.
- Financial Report: The district is meeting its year-end goals and is on track for this time of year.
- Average Daily Attendance: 95%, on par with where the district was last year.
Dr. Rizzi also introduced the Board to two new AP courses being added to the district’s high schools: AP Physics and AP Economics. These classes create more rigor and opportunities for our students to earn college credit while in high school.
The incoming superintendent, Dr. Wipke, was also present at February’s meeting. Dr. Wipke provided a brief update on his transition process, but also detailed his involvement in an updated hiring process for the district. The new process involves engaging the community in “traits meetings” to match the community’s needs with suitable candidates for open administrative positions. The new process will allow for greater involvement from parents, and will provide more transparency for the community at large.
The Board also took action on a number of items at last night’s meeting. Some of these items include:
- Adoption of a tentative 2016-2017 School Calendar
- Adoption of new curriculum for summer school programs (K-8) titled “Summer Journey.” The new program will increase summer school from 4 days a week to 5 and is designed to provide greater student achievement. In addition to providing more structure and rigor for students, the new program is estimated to provide cost-savings to the district.
- Adoption of Board Docs subscription. Board Docs is utilized by many school districts and businesses to keep full and updated records of Board Meeting agendas, minutes, policies, procedures, and more. The adoption of this software will provide a great improvement to the district’s current file system and will allow the public quick and easy access to information related to Board Meetings and decisions. The software is expected to provide greater transparency for the community seeking information about Board policies and actions.
Full meeting minutes will be approved and made available after the next Board Meeting.
For information on this and future meetings, visit http://www.fox.k12.mo.us/board_of_education
For the latest news, updates, and information, be sure to like the district on Facebook and follow us on Twitter @FoxC6Schools.