Did you know...
- Missouri is 8th in the nation when it comes to the number of offenders listed in state registries
(Source: FamilyWatchdog, LLC)
- In the state of Missouri, more sexual predators were federally
indicted on a per capita basis than in any other state in the country.
Additionally, the number of cases prosecuted in the state of Missouri
has more than tripled since 2000.
(Source: US Department of Justice 3.22.07)
- More than 90% of both parents and kids could not identify the
appropriate authority (i.e., local police, FBI, CyberTipline or an
Internet Service Provider) to report unwated online incidents.
(Source: National Center for Missing and Exploited Children 2006-Online Victimization of Youth, 5 years later)
Here’s what you can do to keep your friends and family safe online:
- Learn About the Issues – Do your homework on the latest online trends and the potential risks.
- Communication is Key – Talk to your children and know who they are talking to/spending time with BOTH online and offline
- Protect Your Identity – Think TWICE before posting
personal information on the internet including names, passwords, contact
information as well as pictures which could give clues anout your life,
where you live, etc. Remember: if it’s on the internet, it’s NOT