Fox C-6 School District will be moving to comply with the Missouri's Eat Smart Guidelines for healthier eating among school children. To do this, Fox C-6 will work toward the following steps.
- Fiber in the diet will be increased by serving whole grain products on the menu at least three times a week.
- Snacks will be monitored to avoid snacks with more than 35 percent of calories from fat and have on an average 200 calories per selling unit.
- All cereals and snacks will have less than 35 percent of the weight from sugar, and cereals will contain at least one gram of fiber.
- Fresh canned, dried or frozen fruits and vegetables are to be offered daily with fresh fruits and raw vegetables offered at least four times a week.
- Only reduced fat or fat free dressings will be offered to students.
- The sales of sugary drinks will be curtailed at all locations. At least half of the beverage choices on snack lines and vending machines operated by Fox C-6 School Food and Nutrition Services Department will consist of plain waters, low-fat plain and flavored milks, 100 percent juice or other nutrient-dense selections.
NOTICE: In accordance with Federal law and U. S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability. To file a complaint of discrimination, write USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, Room 326-W, Whitten Building, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington D.C. 20250-9410 or call (202) 720-5964 (voice and TDD). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.